D. Wayne Lukas Racing Stable
5242 Katella Avenue, Suite 103B
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Toll Free (866) 354-1100
- Horse Trainer
- Kentucky Derby & Eclipse Award Winner
- Motivational Speaker
- Basketball Coach
Powered by Anything Email
- Inducted into the Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame at
Saratoga in 1999.
- Has won an Eclipse Award as outstanding trainer four
times-1985, 1986, 1987, and 1994.
- Has trained 21 Eclipse Award winners, more than any
other trainer in history. Among those winners are Horses of the Year
Lady's Secret (1986), Criminal Type (1990), and Charismatic (1999).
- Has trained 17 Breeders' Cup winners, more than any
other trainer in history.
- Now with earnings of 235 million.
- Has won the Kentucky Derby four times (in 1988 with
filly Winning Colors, in 1995 with Thunder Gulch, in 1996 with Grindstone, and
in 1999 with Charismatic) the Preakness five times (Codex in 1980, Tank's
Prospect in 1985, Tabasco Cat in 1994, Timber Country in 1995, and
Charismatic in 1999) and the Belmont Stakes four times (Tabasco Cat in 1994,
Thunder Gulch in 1995, Editor's Note in 1996, and Commendable in 2000).
- Named the winner of the 1999 Big Sport of Turfdom
Award, presented by the Turf Publicists of America.
- Co-recipient of the 1995 C.V. Whitney Achievement Award, along with
Michael Tabor, presented by the New York Turf Writers Association. Lukas
also received the NYTWA's 1985 award for Outstanding Trainer. That same
award was presented in the name of "Team Lukas" for 1986.
- Became the first trainer to win all three legs of the Triple Crown with
two different horses in 1995 when Thunder Gulch won the Kentucky Derby and
Belmont and Timber Country won the Preakness.
- Trained 23 world champion Quarter Horses, including Dash For Cash,
two-time Horse of the Year.